The Vi-PEC V88 is our most advanced ECU. This ECU has many features which allow it to be setup to suit various types of engine configurations. It has very flexible options over how the inputs and outputs are controlled, and allows the user to design their own functions to control all sorts of devices. Precise control of injectors and ignition angle are guaranteed at very low or high RPM or manifold pressures. A very high level of protection from interference and tolerance of trigger input errors has been built into this ECU, ensuring a smooth running engine even under the most demanding conditions.
- Variable camshaft control for up to four camshaft. Control of camshaft position is very precise and time taken to advance from full retard to full advance is less than 1 second. Support for VVT and VANOS systems.
- Closed loop control of idle speed and boost pressure makes for a "factory" idle speed stability, and precise control of boost pressure. Boost control can be setup to provide a different boost in each gear.
- Individual Cylinder Knock control, with support for two sensors. Knock control is user definable with flexible settings to allow precise knock control.
- E-Throttle (Electronic Throttle Control).
- Peak and hold injector drivers are 10 amp. Both the peak Amps and hold Amps can be set separately in the software for optimum injector control. See setup screen.
Feature Comparison for V44, V88 and PlugIn ECUs.
- Tuning tools, QuickTune, Mixture Table, Maths Key.
- Launch Control (two step rev limiter based on vehicle speed).
- Flatshift (change gears without clutch at WOT using standard gearbox).
- Antilag (keep turbocharger on boost during gear changes) with turbo cooldown function.
- Selectable ignition tables.
- Up to 440 Zone Fuel Table with configurable load and RPM centres. MGP, MAP and load options.
- 5D Fuel Mapping.
- Many correction tables for precision fuel & ignition adaption.
- Digital Trigger Decoding.
- Reluctor, Optical or Hall Sensors.
- Programmable filtering and arming thresholds.
- Configurable trigger patterns or preset triggering options, such as, Multi tooth, missing tooth, Subaru, Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Ford and GM and Motronic.
- Support for two, three or four rotor engines with ignition split.
- Dedicated idle control with additional settings for better adaption to changing operating condition and a more stable idle.
- Open loop boost control, switch boost pressures, different boost in each gear.
- A/C compressor control.
- Closed loop narrow band.
- Closed loop wideband at WOT.
- Tacho and speedo sweep function.
- Cooling fan control.
- General purpose control modules for O/P control. (use for variable fuel pump, power steering, inlet manifold air valves, extra temperature control devices etc) some of these are capable of PID feedback control.
- Mapping via manifold pressure, throttle position, manifold and throttle or manifold.
- Fly by wire throttle control will full control over the settings and operation.
- L = 167mm (6-1/2")
- W = 172mm (5")
- H = 42mm (1-5/8")
- Weight = 0.7kg (1.5 lbs)
For documentation and help file go to this page.
| 40 MHz Specialised Automotive
| 6.2V to 23V DC continuous
+/- 24V (5 min)
+/- 80V alternator load dump (0.5 sec).
+/- 1000V inductive spike (10 usec)
@ Engine idle
@ Max Engine Load
| < 1 Amp.
< 16 Amp (less depending on injector type and number.
|Operating Temperature Range||
| - 40 deg C.
+ 85 deg C.
|Engine Cylinder Number Settings||
Number of cylinders
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12|
|Engine RPM Range||
0 to 20,000 RPM
|Engines up to 12 cylinders|
|Injection Duration Timing||
| 0.65 msec.
+/- < (10 usec + 1%)
| 0 to 720 deg (crank angle).
+/- < (1.4 deg + 0.3 msec).
| 0 to 45 deg (crank angle).
+/- 0.2 deg (crank angle).
0.5 deg (crank angle).
|Fuel Delivery and Ignition Mapping||
No. Load sites
No. RPM sites
| 16 (max). Both Load and RPM sites
32 (max). are freely selectable.
|Data Logging Memory||
L * W * H
|167 * 127 * 42mm|
|2 x 34 way 'AMP' water and dust proof socket|